*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love Legos and old-time “weapons” (don’t worry it’s made of Legos) then you will love this custom Lego MOC pistol that I have made. As you can see in the picture above it looks exactly like a flintlock pistol only it is made 100% out of Legos.
And I am 100% giving away the instructions and Lego parts list for this flintlock pistol.
This custom Lego build is approximately 2 ¼ inches wide, 14 inches long, and 5 inches high. So this is very much a custom Lego build and not a tiny little pistol that will work with your Lego minifigures.
It’s also important to note that this Lego MOC (my own creation) is 342 pieces so it isn’t something that will take you a few minutes to put together.
That means this likely won’t be a good custom Lego build for someone who is under the age of 6 or 7. But since many of the pieces of this build are larger younger children should be able to help with the build quite easily.
Of course, this depends on how patient they are and how much experience they have with Lego builds.
It is also important for you to know that this Lego “weapon” is not an actual weapon at all. It can’t even be used for spit wads. It’s just a really cool Lego Flintlock replica project that I wanted to build out.
So no worries about this being dangerous or anything like that.
What’s Included In This Free Lego Flintlock Pistol Download?
So what exactly is included in this custom Lego build download and is it really 100% free?
This Lego pistol download is absolutely free and no strings are attached either. The download for everything is included below in this article and you don’t need to enter your email or anything like that either.
See! It really is 100% free!
PDF Instructions For The Flintlock Pistol Lego Build
The first thing that you will find with this download is a full set of PDF instructions for this Lego flintlock pistol. These are step-by-step instructions to walk you through every step of this custom build.
Of course, you can print these instructions out if you like but what I personally prefer to do is either put them on my laptop screen or even my TV. It makes it far easier to see each detail and doesn’t waste all the paper and ink either.
These instructions are 156 pages in length and include the full list of parts as well as images throughout the build (as pictured above).
Complete List Of Lego Parts Needed For Lego Flintlock Pistol
The next thing that is included below is the full parts list needed for this custom Lego weapons set build. You can find it at the bottom of the PDF file after all of the images and steps for the build.
Having a list of all the parts can be helpful if you already have a bunch of Legos just lying around or if you don’t like to purchase the Legos through normal methods like Brinklink.
A .IO File That You Can Use To Easily Order The Needed Lego Parts
The third thing that I am making available is the .io file. If you are new to custom Lego builds you might not know what that is.
Essentially having that file means you can go to BrickLink, create a want list, and easily purchase all of the Lego pieces that you need for the build all with just clicking a few buttons.
Having a .io file means that you can easily order and get all of the needed Lego pieces to complete the build all at once too.
BrickLink has a couple of really cool features with their “wanted list” which lets you just click a button and they find all the cheapest parts that you need for the build and automatically add them all to your cart.
Then all you have to do is pay for them and they will ship them right out to you. Super easy to do and no scouring through eBay listings or your own parts trying to find the right one a single piece at a time.
How Much Does This Custom Lego Flintlock Pistol Cost To Build?
The last thing I want to mention before giving you the free downloads for this Lego flintlock pistol build is how much it actually costs to buy the Legos.
Now I’m giving you the instructions and parts list for free but to purchase the physical Legos on BrickLink (or other similar sites) of course will cost you something.
Currently the price for all of the Lego pieces needed for this custom Lego “weapon” set is $31.46.
However, pieces are constantly being sold and bought on BrickLink so the price could certainly go up or down by the time that you are reading this.
Personally I don’t feel like getting a customized Lego flintlock pistol for under $32 is bad at all. Especially when you compare it to what Lego charges for similarly sized sets (typically $75-$100 or more)
And of course getting the instructions for this Lego flintlock pistol for free build helps a bit as well.
Free Download of the Parts List & PDF Instructions For the Lego Flintlock Pistol
Ok so now to the good stuff. Below are the downloads for both the PDF instructions as well as the .IO file that you will need for this custom Lego MOC build.
Both of them are 100% free to use and download as well for your own builds. All I ask is that you don’t try and resell them or anything like that (no one would really be that scammy would they?).
The parts list that shows you which parts and how many of each Lego piece is needed will be on the bottom of the PDF that has the instructions but if you order the pieces from BrickLink using the .IO file you really don’t need those.
The Lego flintlock pistol instructions and parts downloads can be found below.
Can You Build Custom Lego Flintlock Pistol Sets?
Oh, boy! If you’re like me, you’ve been eagerly awaiting this topic with bated breath. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the wacky and wonderful world of custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets!
There’s a party in my Lego box!
I don’t know about you, but when I was a kid, I would love digging through my Lego box, trying to find the perfect piece for my latest creative endeavor. And when I stumbled upon the idea of building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets, I felt like I struck gold!
My favorite part was the thrill of the hunt, searching for the perfect pieces to bring my Lego Flintlock pistol to life. I had to scour my collection and the depths of the internet to find the most authentic and fitting pieces.
You’d be surprised how many times I found a perfect part only to realize it didn’t fit the color scheme or was the wrong size.
But let me tell you, the satisfaction of finally completing my custom Lego Flintlock pistol was worth every bit of frustration. Talk about a mind-blowing experience!
In recent years this process has become far easier though as you can do a custom build using online tools and then order all of the parts from places like Brinklink! However, the build part still takes a lot of time which is why I shared all of the instructions and information above to make it as simple as possible for you to build!
Common misconceptions: Don’t believe everything you hear!
Before we go any further, let’s address some common misconceptions surrounding custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets. First and foremost, many people believe that building custom Lego sets is a piece of cake – but trust me, it’s not!
- Mismatched colors: When I tried this, I found that matching the colors of the Lego pieces was a real challenge.
- Scale: A proper Flintlock pistol needs to be to scale, which means finding the right-sized pieces for the body, barrel, and trigger.
- Authenticity: Ensuring that the design looks true to the original Flintlock pistol requires considerable research and attention to detail.
Little-known tidbits: Unlock the secrets of custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets
Building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets may be tricky, but it’s also incredibly rewarding. And with the right information, you can unlock a whole new world of Lego possibilities. Here are some little-known pieces of information to help you on your journey:
- The rarest Lego pieces for Flintlock pistol sets include specialized triggers, handles, and barrels. Good luck tracking them down!
- Bricklink is your best friend for finding specific Lego pieces to complete your custom Flintlock pistol.
- Joining Lego forums and online communities can help you connect with other builders, exchange tips, and find rare pieces.
Pros and cons: The great Lego debate
Of course, there are both pros and cons to building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets. On one hand, they can be a fantastic way to express your creativity and indulge in a nostalgic pastime.
On the other hand, they can be time-consuming and require a significant investment in parts. Let’s weigh the benefits and drawbacks:
|Nostalgic fun||Can be expensive|
|Unique collectible||Requires research and patience|
Lego knows no boundaries
Building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets can be a fun and fulfilling activity for people of all ages, genders, cultures, and locations. Here’s some advice for specific demographics:
- Kids: Start with smaller, simpler designs and work your way up to more complex Flintlock pistols.
- Adults: Don’t be afraid to get creative with your designs, and remember to have fun – it’s not all about perfection!
- Seniors: Building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets can be a great way to keep your mind sharp and improve dexterity. Plus, it’s an excellent conversation starter with the grandkids!
- Gender-neutral: Lego is for everyone! Don’t let stereotypes hold you back – embrace your love for building custom Flintlock pistols and share your creations with pride.
- Cultural considerations: Some cultures may have specific connections or history with Flintlock pistols. Be mindful of these aspects and consider incorporating them into your designs.
- Location-specific advice: Depending on where you live, certain Lego pieces may be more challenging to find. Utilize online resources and local communities to help source the parts you need.
The magic touch: Sensory experiences in building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets
Building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets is more than just a visual experience – it engages all of your senses! Here’s how:
- Touch: The satisfying click of Lego bricks snapping together and the feel of the finished Flintlock pistol in your hand is truly unmatched.
- Sight: Watching your custom Flintlock pistol come to life, piece by piece, is a visual feast for the eyes.
- Smell: There’s something about the smell of freshly opened Lego bags that takes you back to childhood and fills you with excitement.
- Sound: The soft rustle of digging through Lego pieces and the triumphant clink of finding the perfect piece is music to any builder’s ears.
Emotions in the build: The rollercoaster of custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets
As you embark on your journey to create custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets, you’ll experience a whirlwind of emotions:
- Frustration: Searching for the right pieces and dealing with mismatched colors can test your patience.
- Excitement: Discovering a rare Lego piece or coming up with a brilliant design idea is truly exhilarating.
- Pride: Completing your custom Flintlock pistol and showing it off to friends and family will fill you with a sense of accomplishment.
So, there you have it, my fellow Lego enthusiasts! Building custom Lego Flintlock pistol sets is a rewarding and engaging experience that will test your creativity, patience, and perseverance. But trust me, the finished product is worth every ounce of effort.
Now go forth and conquer the world of custom Lego Flintlock pistols – and don’t forget to have a blast along the way! Happy building!
I hope that this custom build has been helpful to you in taking your Lego collection to the next level.
I am constantly creating new Lego builds so be sure and check back often for new ones.
Matter of fact I recently created a custom Lego build of a 1967 Shelby GT-500 as well. So if you like making custom Lego vehicles you might want to check that one out as well.
If you have any special requests for my next custom Lego build feel free to send me an email and I would be happy to see if it’s something that I can do.